Sunday, March 22, 2015

Strawberry-Pomegranate Sorbet


Strawberries are everywhere. These cute little berries always are the centre of attraction in any fruit shop. I can never stop myself from buying even if I just walk away without taking a look they scream out loud and I can hear them calling so I end up buying cartons of these and simply keep nibbling it all the time.  This combination is somehow interesting and tantalizing. The color is simply rich and sure is a kid pleaser.

Ingredients:
Fresh Strawberries-150g
Pomegranate juice-1/2 cup
Lemon juice-1-2 tsp
Sugar-1 tbsp
How It Happened:
1. Wash, hull and chop the strawberries and add it to the blender jar.
2. Add pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar to the blender and blend well until all the strawberries are completely mashed and mixed well to form a thick liquid.
3. Pour the liquid into a freezer safe box and freeze it for 5-8 hours.
4. Remove them from freezer and blend it once and again freeze for 2 hours. Repeat the process twice at regular intervals.
5. Then freeze them overnight and then serve frozen.
Notes:
* Blend at intervals to break any ice crystals formed to get a soft texture. Lemon juice is added to prevent the ice crystal formation.

* You can skip sugar but my strawberries were a little too tart for my liking so have added some.

No comments :

Post a Comment